Bridges to Wellness
Bridges to Wellness is here to help you envision what you want for your health and your life, and then empower you to make choices and take steps that will help you accomplish your goals.
Mental health and substance use issues, along with the related stigma, can make you feel less healthy. We will provide information and support to help you improve your overall well-being.
- Individual education sessions
- Personalized peer support to overcome barriers
- Connection to services when you feel ready
- Transportation and/or accompaniment to your first 3 appointments
- HIV/AIDS diagnosis
- Currently not receiving behavioral health services
- Live in Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Tioga, Tompkins counties
Don’t Let Barriers Get in the Way
A variety of barriers keep people from getting the services that would help them live a healthier life. These include:
- Previous negative experiences with mental health or substance use professionals
- Belief that what you’re experiencing is normal and nothing can be done about it
- Being worried about what others people will think or say if you seek help
- Believe that problems should not be discussed outside of the family
- Cultural values or norms that may discourage mental health care
- Ongoing substance abuse
- Concerns about keeping your personal information and health records private
- Not recognizing the seriousness of symptoms
- Other problems seem more important
- Lack of transportation
- Lack of insurance or money to pay for treatment
- Lack of mental health services or support services
Change can be hard, but you don’t have to do it alone. We are here to work with you to overcome these obstacles.
We welcome you to call us with questions or to learn more about our program. Contact our staff at 607-798-1706. This program is offered in collaboration with STAP.